Sunday, April 18, 2010

Magical Story

Cam Collins
Magical Story
Maddox
18 April 2009

Tito and the Dragon

Everyday since I was a child I have gone out to the sea after my schooling to look for the mysterious dragon. Most Chinese call this dragon a myth or a legend, but my great grandfather, Confucius, told me that this dragon was real, and that he had seen it himself. I am twenty-five years old now, and a part of me seems missing because I have not seen the dragon.

People call me crazy because I am the only one who believes in this dragon. My grandfather revealed to me that the dragon was two hundred feet in height, and he breathed fire over all of our people over a thousand years ago, and destroyed our city and brought the Qing dynasty to an end. I wish the dragon would come back and show me his great stature and might, because the emperor of my country now has none of these things.

One day I went out to the sea. It was a very odd day. The sky was ominous yet the sun was still out, and the wind was gusting over thirty miles per hour. I could hardly stand up. It was in the middle of summer so a tornado was not likely. This day I vision something happening. Maybe, maybe, it is just so peculiar.

I hear the emergency siren go off, a typhoon is on its way. Rain is starting to pour heavily. My shirt and pants are drenched so I decide to take them off. Who cares if I am naked, no one comes out here in these conditions. The waves start to rush and shatter on the shore. At once, out of the deep sea, a massive structure appears bursting from the waves. It is massive and its scales are a fiery red. Right after, tons of water are thrown all over my city. I have now seen the dragon. It starts to breathe fire. There is nothing I can do now. I have come to not like this dragon. Life as I know it has now ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment