Monday, August 17, 2009

About Myself

I am Cam Collins, a sophomore at Darlington School in Rome, GA. I am 15 and I was born on April 23, 1994. I am very competitive and strive to do my best to be successful in life. I live with my mom, dad, and my sister Natalie in the city of Calhoun. I can be shy at times, but also I can be very talkative.

I go to Darlington on a partial scholarship and I really love it. I chose Darlington because I think its the best possible place around here that can lead young citizens to be successful. I am a well-rounded athlete. At Darlington I run varsity cross country, play basketball, and run varsity track. I run because I feel that I can be very successful at any level. I love to sprint at the end of each race and be the best! I have many goals for this cross country season. I went to state in both cross country and track. In track last spring, I specialized in the 1600 meter run (mile) and placed tenth in class A as a freshman with a pr of 4:50. I look forward to track this year and my goal is to win state in the mile race.

Basketball is my other passion. I love to shoot and score points, as well as being the key player on the team. I especially love the pressure that goes along with the game. In the past year I have struggled with the game, but I have worked very hard since then and I know my full potential. I feel that with any sport you have to be willing to push yourself to do what people don't think you can do. Athletes always must have a sense of competitiveness and confidence in order to reach their dreams, and those are two things I believe Darlington will help me with.
I also push to achieve academic excellence at Darlington. Math is my favorite subject, and then English. This year in English I would like to improve my writing, reading, and test-taking skills. I look forward to a great class this year! God, my family, my friends, sports, Georgia Tech, my dog, and academics are the most important in my life. 368 words

1 comment:

  1. You're the man, Cam. Keep writing! Try to include a post that's about whatever you want it to be about. Don't be afraid of the keyboard!

    ReplyDelete